top of page

Additional Resources

Where can people with HIV or AIDS get help?

  • The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program can help you get medical care and support services. These services are available if you are diagnosed with HIV or AIDS, you are low income, or have no health insurance. Medical services can help with health insurance, pharmacy, home health care, and mental health care. Support services can help with housing, childcare, home delivered meals, substance abuse and more.

  • The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) program can help with housing needs for people living with HIV or AIDS. If you have been diagnosed with HIV or AIDS and are low income, you and your family may be eligible for HOPWA-funded assistance.

  • If you have HIV and cannot work, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits. Social Security pays benefits to people who can’t work because of a medical condition expected to last at least 12 months or result in death. Read their basic requirements to help determine if you are eligible. Click the Adult Disability Checklist to find out what information you need to complete the application.

  • The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) can help employees and employers on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues, which includes resources for people living with HIV or AIDS. Click or call 800-526-7234 (voice) or 877-781-9403 (TTY) to get one-on-one guidance.

  • Call your state HIV/AIDS toll-free phone number to get connected with agencies that can help check what services you are eligible for and help you get them.

​More Resources:
You can use the 
Benefit Finder to check if you may be eligible for other government benefits. The Benefit Finder is a free and confidential questionnaire that can help you check your eligibility for over 1,100 benefits.

bottom of page